SPJ Convention Webcasts
Our Webcasts are delivered via QuickTime.
The University of Florida Interactive Media Lab provided Webcasting services to the 2006 Convention & National Journalism Conference of the Society of Professional Journalists, August 24-27, in Chicago.
Running times shown are in h:mm:ss.
Thursday - August 24
- Les Brownlee Series: Citizen Media: Could It Be Your Next Job? (1:21:19)
- SPJ Mission-FOI Track: FOIA 40 Years Later (1:09:07)
Friday - August 25
- Keynote: Bill Kurtis - The State of "The Business" (1:00:03)
- Technology Track: The Skills — and Flexibility — You Need to Work Across Media (1:05:35)
- Student/Novice Track: Cops and Courts 101: A Learner's Permit to the Police Beat (58:30)
- Broadcast Track: Make Your Stories Memorable with Help From Bob Dotson (1:00:00)
Saturday - August 26
- Showcase Panel : Going to the Mat: The Need, Pros and Cons of a Federal Shield Law (1:06:59)
- Industry Perspectives Track: News Councils as a Tool for Building Public Trust (1:00:57)
- Career Track: What It Takes to Work Abroad (1:07:39)
- Industry Perspectives Track: Dealing Head-on with News Industry Issues (1:03:15)
- Career Track: To Blog, or Not to Blog (57:03)