CENSORSHIP OF THE INTERNET
THIS PAGE IS BLACK IN ORDER TO DEMONSTRATE SURFWATCH'S
MEMBERSHIP IN THE CITIZENS INTERNET EMPOWERMENT COALITION
According to Bill Duval, CEO of SurfWatch Software,"SurfWatch is the first product
created to make access to inappropriate materieal a matter of personal choice,
creating a true alternative to Internet censorship."
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SurfWatch RATING IN INTERNET WORLD
MAGAZINE SEPTEMBER 1996
GO TO RATINGS DIRECTORY
- SurfWatch was the easiest to use of the programs Internet World tested.
- SurfWatch is easy to install.
- SurfWatch did a thorough job of blocking sexual sites, but it did not stop IW from reaching other potentially
- A password is needed to change program modes, but you do not need to reboot or quit your browser.
- SurfWatch does not block the display of files stored in a browser's cache.
- User can contribute to database of sites that are unaccessible.
- Surfwatch allows access to any site that SurfWatch has not blocked, so users must keep the databsase
current by downloading the latest montly update.
- Montlhy update charge is $5.95.
- SurfWatch program costs $49.