Scrambled eggs and pita bread
This is an easy, nutritious breakfast that can be made in less than 10 minutes! Pita bread is an incredibly versatile ingredient and accompanies the eggs well.
- Two large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Pita bread
- Add the butter to the frying pan. Turn the stove on medium-hot.
- As the butter melts, heat up the pita bread in a toaster oven.
- When the butter melts and begins to bubble, crack open the eggs. Add salt to taste.
- Let the egg sizzle for a minute. Use a small spatula to mix the eggs and butter.
- Let the eggs cook for two minutes. The meal is done when the bottom of the eggs begins to turn a golden-brown.
Cost: $.48 per serving
At Publix, the pita bread is sold in a pack of six and costs $1.29. A dozen eggs cost $1.99, and two sticks of butter costs $2.29. The total cost of the ingredients is $5.57. For this meal, the pita bread costs $.22, the eggs cost $.16 and the butter costs $.10. That's a total cost of $.48 for this meal.
Back to recipes