Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic and iconic of the fusion between old and new. This city has thousands of years of history, and to this day, its rich culture perpetuates throughout the region. Prague has become one of Europe’s most popular destinations ever since the fall of communism in 1989. This little country has so much to offer and will be my home for six weeks this summer. I cannot wait until I’m wandering the cobblestone streets and walking through history. I have compiled this information to offer crucial insight about traveling in Prague. The topics I will be discussing are:
- Famous landmarks that you must visit
- Traditional Czech food and basic dining facts
- Transportation around Prague
- Information about the currency and its equivalents
- Basic Czech phrases that will help you get around
- Safety tips and phone numbers
Below is an interview with Ms. Raynard, the University of Florida in Prague advisor, sharing her favorite things about the country.