DIY Natural How To: Oil & Honey Treatment for Damaged/Dry Hair
Over time our hair accrues a large amount of damage, whether it be from overexposure from the sun, excessive friction from frequent washing, concentrated heat exposure from styling or from that voluminous beehive that was constructed with a ridiculous amount of bobby pins and cans of hairspray. Many find themselves left with brittle straw-like hair, and they search for a means to regain manageability. Luckily there is a solution to this dilemma: olive oil and honey.
- Ol·ive Oil (\ˈä-liv, -ləv\ \ˈȯi(-ə)l\):
- This oil should be your go to when attempting to repair split-ends and dry hair. Use it in your favorite deep conditioner for dandruff control.
- Hon·ey (\ˈhə-nē\)
- This sweet sticky substance serves as a great humectant. A humcetant is a substance that attracts moisture from its surroundings. Honey is also known to heal and restore hair, which ultimately leads to extraordinary natural shine.
- Co·co·nut Oil (\ˈkō-kə-(ˌ)nət\ \ˈȯi(-ə)l\):
- This Caribbean cooking staple not only infuses food with flavor, but it is among the few oils that actually penetrates the hair shaft. Hair growth and increased flexibility in individual hair strands are the pros to using this oil. Be cautious in how much coconut oil you add into your regimen. The oil is highly protein based so be wary in using it on protein sensitive scalps.