American Chop Suey
- Put a pot of water on high heat, and drizzle some olive oil and salt into the water.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, dice the garlic and chop the onion.
- Coat a large saucepan with some olive oil, and brown the garlic.
- Once the water is boiling, stir in the pasta. Return to a boil, and cook at a medium temperature, stirring occasionally. Cook to desired consistency. This is typically 8-10 minutes, or 7 minutes for al dente. Strain the pasta when it is cooked.
- Once the garlic is browned, add the meat to the saucepan. Cook the meat until it is fully brown.
- When the meat is brown, add the onion, oregano and bay leaves. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and let it simmer.
- After the meat has simmered for a bit, add the sauce to the saucepan.
- Stir all of the ingredients together thoroughly, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
The L&L Bomb
- Beforehand, slice the onion and green pepper.
- Sauté the green peppers in olive oil.
- On a flat-surfaced griddle or skillet, put your sautéed green peppers on at a medium heat. Top the peppers with the raw onions, then the Genoa salami, and on top of that, the American cheese.
- At the same time, the meat should be cooking separately next to the peppers, onions, salami and cheese. Flip the meat to cook the other side.
- Put the cooked meat on top of the American cheese.
- Place the sliced bread on top of the meat to steam. Cook for another 30 seconds to one minute.
- Flip everything into the bread with a spatula. Serve and enjoy.
Ellie's Tropical Smoothie
- Chop all of the fruit and vegetables into small pieces.
- Fill the blender a fourth of the way full with ice. Add more if you want the smoothie to be more thick.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend everything together until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve chilled and enjoy.