- Engineer's scale
- 300, 600, 900 triangle
- Drafting tape (roll)
- Lead pencils: 2H, H, B, 2B, 4B, 6B
- Pink rubber eraser
- Pens: Sharpie (fine point), Pilot Precise V-5 (medium), Pilot precise V-5 (fine) or Micron01
- Tracing paper 12" and 30" rolls
- White paper (8 ½" x 11")
- Sketch pad
- Find a good location and a good potential composition, which includes beautiful landscape images, such as trees, buildings, and interesting shapes.
- Find a comfortable place for yourself to observe the landscape.