Premiere: CBS; September 23, 2003
Plot: "NCIS, formerly known as NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service, is an American police procedural drama television series revolving around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, which conducts criminal investigations involving the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps."
"Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs is the leader of a team of special agents belonging to the NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Major Case Response Team. Gibbs, a former Marine, is a tough investigator and a highly skilled interrogator who relies on his gut instinct as much as evidence. Gibbs' second in command is Senior Field Agent Tony DiNozzo, a womanizing, movie-quoting former Baltimore Homicide Detective, who despite being the class clown always gets the job done. The team also consists of probationary field agent Ziva David, a former Mossad officer who is a skilled fighter, as well as Junior Field Agent Timothy McGee, a computer-savvy agent often mocked by DiNozzo. Assisting them are Abby Sciuto, the energetic-but-Goth lab tech who is like a daughter to Gibbs, and Dr. Donald Mallard, nicknamed Ducky, the eccentric medical examiner full of unusual stories. This team of elite agents, based in Washington, D.C., solve criminal cases involving Marine and Navy personnel and their families, sometimes traveling the United States - or the world - to do it."
- 2005 BMI Film & TV Awards for BMI TV Music Award-Joseph Conlan
- 2006-2009 ASCAP Award for Top TV Series-Matt Hawkins, Maurice Jackson, Neil Martin
- 2008 BMI Film & TV Awards for BMI TV Music Award-Brian Kirk
- 2011 ALMA Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Television Series (character Ziva David: Cote de Pablo)
- voted as America's favorite television show in 2011