This was one of the first meal’s that got me to fall in love with goat cheese. It’s a classic. Goat cheese, chicken and sun-dried tomatoes will soon take over the world.
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt , to taste
fresh ground pepper , to taste
4 ounces GOAT CHEESE
6 sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil , chopped
4 teaspoons onions , minced
4 teaspoons garlic , minced
8 tablespoons butter , divided
6 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon's worth)
1. Smear chicken on both sides with olive oil, season to taste with Kosher salt and cracked pepper.
2. Grill chicken until cooked (internal temp of 165F) - prepare lemon butter sauce while chicken is cooking.
3. Sautee onion and garlic in 2 Tbps butter until soft and fragrant.
4. Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
5. Add remaining 6 Tbsp butter, small portions at a time, until it melts and mixture is combined.
6. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil, heat until hot (but do not overheat or sauce may break).
7. Top almost-done chicken breasts with 2 oz each of the goat cheese until cheese warms and softens.
8. Spoon lemon butter sauce over chicken breasts.
9. Done! The mouth watering phase is complete! You are free to enter the happiness that is this meal.
Possible side dish: garlic mashed potatoes or salad.