Cooking tips from Abuela:
After adding salt, taste water to make sure it isn't too salty
A Hitachi rice cooker is best!
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cup water (per cup 1 1/2 of rice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (may be a little less)
- 1 1/2 cup mahatma extra long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Start by boiling water and adding salt
- When the water begins to boil, add the rice and lower the heat to about 1. Cover the pot after.
- Wait 20 minutes, and then add 3 tablespoons of canola oil. Stir the rice well and make sure it’s not sticking to the sides.
- Then cover the rice again and leave on low heat until you’re ready to serve
Back to Recipes