Cooking tips from Abuela:
Cook two batches of Picadillo for a 9x13 pan.
Pre-cut onions and peppers cut prep-time significantly
Use the sauce from the picadillo as your meat sauce
What you need:
- One white onion
- One green pepper
- Complete Seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil – Vigo extra virgin
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 small cans Hunts Basil, Garlic & Oregano tomato sauce (2 per batch of Picadillo)
- One large frying pan
- One package of lasagna (the kind that doesn't need to be cooked)
- 1 package of 6 Italian cheeses
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (powder)
- Cracker crumbs (Goya)
- 2-4 eggs (depending on how many layers of ricotta mixture you like - 2 per mixture)
- 1-2 small tubs of ricotta
- Make 2 batches of picadillo first. See recipe page for details.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix two eggs, 1 tub of ricotta, and 1 cup of parmesan cheese. This should make a thick mixture which you will layer.
- First layer the pan with picadillo. Not too much, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Next create a layer of the lasagna
- The next layer will be your cheese mixture
- Then picadillo again
- Cheese mixture
- And lastly, cover the top with your 6-cheese package and cracker crumbs
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour until top is crisp
Back to Recipes