Frijoles Negros – Black beans
Cooking tips from Abuela:
Serve beans with a spoon that doesn't have holes. You're going to want some of the juice.
Don't forget to stir often!
What you need:
- 2 cans of El Ebro Cuban-style black beans
- 1/2 green pepper cut into strips
- 1 tablepoon of white rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by adding beans and water. It's going to be about 1 1/4 cup of water for every can of beans
- Boil beans and stir every 10-15 minutes
- When they start to bubble lower heat and continue to stir occasionally
- Cook for about 25-30 minutes
Back to Recipes