How you deliver a dropball
- Begin in fastball position
- When presenting ball, rotate the ball to dropball grip position, inside glove
- As you stride towards your catcher, your stride should be a foots length shorter than a fastball
- As you stride, rotate your hips 90 degrees while creating a windmill rotation with your pitching arm.
- As your stride foot hits the ground, you should be midway through the pitch and your body should be in the shape of a letter X, while your pitching arm should be
on the downward swing to your hip
- Just in front of your hip, rotate your thumb down toward the ground while closing your hips (belly button should be facing the catcher)
- At the release point, your shoulders should be slightly over your right foot. (slight lean forward without bending at your waist.