Tallahassee is not just the state capitol! If you want to expand your trip beyond the government buildings here are a few suggestions:
- St. Marks Trail Rent some bikes and go for a ride under the canopied trails.
- Challenger learning center Walking distance from the capitol, catch an IMAX movie at the learning center.
- Florida State University Go for a walk around one of Florida's historic colleges. If you can find a Frisbee, play a game with your kids on Landis Green. Or see if the Noles are playing any sporting events while you're in town, the baseball park, in particular, is always full of families.
- FSU Circus Check to see if the circus is in town. Performed by FSU students.
- The Tallahassee Museum Head over to the Tallahassee Museum for an adventure seeing the wild life of northern Florida.