What you'll need:
- A sweet tooth, and an appetite of course!
- Cake Mix: This can range from anything by Pillsburry, Betty Crocker, or if you want to advance your skills make it from scratch!
To make it from scratch all you'll need is flour, baking powder, margarine, about 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Frosting: You can find frosting in any grocery store. I bought my frosting with sprinkles already with it, you can do that as well.
Some frosting products are: Betty Crocker, Pillburry, and Duncan Hines.
- Cupcake sheets: The cupcake sheets are fun to work with. They come in all fun colors and themes. For more of a variety, try going to an actual party store.
I recommend you use some foil sheets for baking, yeah they're pretty bland -but, they bake the cupcake a little faster and more stable than a thin paper sheet.
- Cupcake pan: Okay, so cupcake pans can be found at grocery stores or in the kitchen aisle of any department stores. Usually, a cake mix can bake up to 24 cupcakes (Sheesh, that's a lot)
So, look for something more efficient for the number of cupcakes you'd like to make.
- Sprinkles: Yes, I'm girly when it comes to baking nomnoms. I love little sprinkles and all that jazz in my treat. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to only be sprinkles!
Get creative, duh! Use small candies (Nerds, gummies, M&Ms, or chocolate chips) OR use some treats (Fruit Loops, strawberries, whipped cream, cherries) ... Woah, I'm drooling over here. :oL
- Utensils: A bowl, plastic is fine. Mixing machine, or a wisk will do perfectly! Also, a big spoon to help pour out the cake mix into the cupcake sheets more efficiently.
Hint: Try going to Target or Wal-Mart for specially low prices on the tools! You don't have to buy a full cupcake pan also, some 6 piece aluminum pans can be used temporarily just as well!