- Sauce Vin Blanc: By adding cuisson and heavy cream to fish velouté.
- Albufera Sauce: Addition of meat glaze glace de viande.
- Allemande sauce By adding a few drops of lemon juice, egg yolks, and cream
- Bercy: Shallots, white wine, lemon juice and parsley added to a fish velouté
- Poulette: Mushrooms finished with chopped parsley and lemon juice
- Aurora: Tomato purée
- Hungarian: Onion, paprika, white wine
- Sauce ravigote: the addition of a little lemon or white wine vinegar creates a lightly acidic velouté that is traditionally flavored with onions and shallots, and more recently with mustard.
- Normandy: Mushroom cooking liquid and oyster liquid or fish fumet added to fish velouté, finished with a liaison of egg yolks and cream
- Suprême sauce By adding a reduction of mushroom liquor (produced in cooking) and cream to a chicken velouté
- Venetian sauce: Tarragon, shallots, chervil