Gather These Items
- 1 balloon - as large as you want.
- 1 old news paper torn in odd pieces - 2 inches square.
- 1 cup of flour - or more as you need extra paste.
- 1/2 cup of water - more or less to paste consistency to flour.
- 6 feet of yarn - or strong cord to tie the Piñata.
- 1 or 2 or 3 streamers of crepe paper to decorate it.
- 1 small bottle of Elmer's glue to glue the crepe paper.
- Masking tape.
- Inflate the balloon - make a knot to keep in the air.
- Tie the balloon with a string to hang it up.
- Make your paste with the flour and the water until you
have the consistency of Elmer's glue.
- Start dipping the newspaper pieces into the paste and
cover the balloon with two layers.
- Let the layer dry for a day.
If the paper's dry the next day...
- Wrap the balloon with the yarn to give it strength to hold when swinging it.
- Put another two layers of newspapers dipped in paste.
- Let it dry for another day.
Decorations are up to you!