Harry P. Leu Gardens
Leu Gardens are located only minuted from downtown Orlando.
It was donated to the City of Orlando in 1961 by the Leu family.
The house which still stands on the property was built in 1906,
and went through several owners before the Leu family purchased the
property in 1923.
Leu Gardens consists of about 50 acres and has the largest formal
rose gardens in the State of Florida. It also maintains the
largest documented camellia collections in the south. Camellias are the
flowering shrub whose bloom is in the photo on this page.
There are many different gardens on the property. The visitor
experiences different feelings every where they walk. From the
lush and steamy Tropical Stream Garden to the perfectly maintained
Rose Garden. Other areas include the Camellia Walk, Wildflower
Garden, Palm and Bamboo Walk and the North Woods.
Over 250 weddings each year are held at the gardens, making it
a favorite spot for many Central Floridians.