Links and resources
Where to turn for help and information
- Cohen, Jodi. "Surfing for Sources." June 9, 1996. Editor and Publisher, vol.129, no.26.
- Gill, Amanda. "The Web brings changes to both journalism and public relations." Oct. 15, 1997. Alert! Vol.10, issue 10.
- Gilster, Paul. "Credibility suffers in the rush to put news online." Feb. 3, 1998. Raleigh, N.C., News and Observer.
- Johnson, Thomas J. and Kaye, Barbara K. "Cruising is believing?: Comparing Internet and traditional sources on media credibility measures." Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly; Summer 1998, vol.75, no.2.
- Ketterer, Stan. "Teaching students how to evaluate and use online resources." Journalism and Mass Communication Educator; Winter 1998, vol.52, no.4.
- Lasica, J.D. "A credibility gap for online news?" Dec. 16, 1998. Online Journalism Review.
- Lasica, J.D. "Slow down and make sure it's right." April 1998. American Journalism Review, vol.20, no.3.
- Reisman, Phil. "When rumors become believable." Nov. 11, 1989. Editor and Publisher, vol.122, no.45.
- Sundar, S. Shyam. "Effect of source attribution on perception of online news stories." Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly; Spring 1998, vol.75, no.1.
- Tober, T. Bruce. "E-mail Interviewing." January 1998. Mediainfo.com: Editor and Publisher special issue.
- Wellman, Barry et al. "Computer networks as social networks: Collaborative work, telework and virtual community." 1996. Annual Review of Sociology, vol.22.
- Your local librarian.
- A healthy dose of skepticism.
Email your comments and suggestions.