Did You Know???
- 66% of 16,000 students from 31 prestigious U.S. universities have cheated at least once, says 1991 Rutgers University study (8).
- 12% of those reported themselves as regular cheaters.
- This means nearly seven out of ten students cheat, and at least one of those cheats all the time!!
- 36% of undergraduates have admitted to plagiarizing written material, says 1997 Psychological Record study (2).
- 4 out of 5 high achievers surveyed in 1998 admitted to cheating on school work according to publishers of Who's Who Among American High School Students (9).
- More than half of those students said such cheating was "no big deal," and practically none got caught.
- Cheating on campus increased an estimated 744% from 1993 to 1997, says University of California-Berkley officials (9).
Back to the Top
Most Recent Update: April 16, 2000
For more information, contact BKOverbeck@aol.com