Facts and Links
Here are some interesting facts about ADHD:
- 6.7% of school aged children have ADD/ADHD. (this number is increasing)
- The ratio of boys to girls is 5:1.
- Over half the children diagnosed with ADD/ADHD will continue to have problems
- Most people with ADD have an average or above average intelligence ability.
- ADD/ADHD runs in families. If a child has it, there is a great chance the parent
has the disorder.
- 75% of people with ADD/ADHD get divorced.
- Stimulant medications help 8 out of 10 people with ADD/ADHD.
Check out these sites for more information on ADD/ADHD:
Find books about ADD/ADHD at Amazon.com