El Parque de María Luisa is south of the University of Sevilla and is the city’s largest park, running parallel to the Guadalquivir River. Parque María Luisa, which was created in stages since 1830, is a great place to relax or go for a run during the day, since it closes from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. (2).
In the green, lush park there are many hidden gardens, pools and shaded lawns. Giant fig trees, or ficus, tower above the park-goers. Several museums are also located within the gates of the park, including el Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares and the Museo Arqueológico (6).
Plaza de América, located at the south end of the park, is a great place
to feed hundreds of white pigeons. Vendors sell birdfeed in the plaza, and local
children come to play with the birds daily.