|The United States of America is a country made up of 50 states and is bordered by Canada to the North and Mexico to the South. The West Coast meets the Pacific Ocean and the East Coast meets the Atlantic Ocean.
- Capital: Washington D.C.
- Official Language: English has never been legally made the official language, but is the one most commonly used
- Currency: US Dollar
- Area: 9,629,047 sq km (3,717,796 sq mi)
- Population: 276.2 million
- Population Density: 30 persons/sq km (76 persons/sq mi)
- Urban/Rural Breakdown: 76% Urban, 24% Rural
- Form of Government: Federal republic
- Head of State and Government: President -- elected by the Electoral College to a four-year term
- Chief Economic Products: Agriculture, Fishing, Mining, Manufacturing
- Employment Breakdown: 74% Services, 23% Industry, 3% Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing
- Major Exports: Machinery, transportation equipment, electric and electronic equipment, chemicals, precision instruments, agricultural products, primary metal products
- Major Imports: Transportation equipment, electric and electronic equipment, machinery, crude petroleum and natural gas, apparel, chemicals, primary metal products
- Major Trading Partners: Canada, Japan, Mexico, Germany, China, Great Britain, South Korea, Taiwan (14)
Health Indicators judge a country's health status based on certain criteria. The better the:
- GNP per capita
- Life expectancy
- Infant mortality rate
- Human development index
...the better the chances of survival and good health, therefore, a higher rank (1 being highest) (41).