Some Training Tips...
1. Make sure you are always hydrated, drink WATER.
2. Always Dress comfortably. If it is cold make sure you have enough layers on.
3. If something hurts while training...STOP!! It does not help to keep going.
4. Add mileage GRADUALLY. A good rule to follow is never add more than 10%.
5. Do not over race. Two races a month is usually a good number.
6. Train with other people. It makes the time go by much faster, plus it motivates you to keep going.
7. Check over equipment before each use. Using bad equipment can lead to accidents and injuries.
8. Try to do your runs on trails. There will be less pounding on your legs and less chance for injury.
9. Be consistent with training. Consistency is the key to improvement.
10. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET WHEN TRAINING ON A BIKE. it can save your life.
Back to the Transition Area