Home | Why go Electric? | The Industry Today | Interview w/ David Carlson | Endnotes | Links to other sites
A few links to check out...
In today's growing world of interactive, online publications, there are several sites that stand out from the rest. Below is a partial list of newspaper and magazine web sites I feel are the best in terms of design, ease of use and informational content:
- The New York Times -- I am especially fond of this site because of my New York roots. Like the traditional paper version, The New York Times Online offers extensive regional news plus outstanding national and world news. It also has an excellent database of past articles and information.
- USA Today -- USA Today's online newspaper is much like its paper version, it offers a cornucopia of national news information. It also provides news information in an interactive environment; using user surveys and questionnaires as an entertaining way to present information. On a side note, USA Today's Baseball Weekly is one of the best baseball information sites on the net.
- The Hearst Corporation -- The Hearst Corporation is one of the largest and most successful multimedia corporations in the world. Their web site contains information about Hearst and the latest news about the company. The Hearst Corporation has financial interests in NEWSPAPERS (icluding Albany, NY's The Times Union, The Houston Chronicle, The San Fransisco Examiner, The Seattle Post-Intelligencer and The San Antonio Express-News), MAGAZINES (including such popular titles as Redbook, Cosmopolitan, Esquire and Good Housekeeping), BROADCASTING (the corporation owns various television and radio stations around the country plus several Cable Television Networks including ESPN and Lifetime) and other NEW MEDIA AND BOOK PUBLISHING INDUSTRIES. This site contains some of the most diversified communications information on the Internet.
- Time Warner's Pathfinder -- Time Warner is another giant in the publishing industry. They print such popular magazines as Time, People, Money, Fortune and Entertainment Weekly and their web site contains links to each of these magazine's home pages. Pathfinder also contains links to news services such as CNN and can also be used as a useful search engine for information on news, money, business, entertainment, sports, health and family life.
- WIRED Magazine Online -- Like the traditional version of Wired Magazine this web site concentrates on technological news and information. It has an outstanding database of information on the computer industry and other technologies.
This list is obviously not complete, as there are many interesting and useful online publication web sites. However, this is a list of what I believe to be among the most helpful and entertaining.
Home | Why go Electric? | The Industry Today | Interview w/ David Carlson |Endnotes | Links to other sites
This site was created by Marc Kaplan at the University of Florida.