Hot radish "kimchi" (Kaktugi) is a type of winter "kimchi". Radish is the main material, and red pepper, garlic, ginger, green onion, salt-fermented shrimp and etc, are added. Whole radish is washed, trimmed, and cut into dices. It also has a process of fermentation.
Preparation procedure for whole-cabbage kimchi
- 1 piece Korean white radish
- 1/4 bundle watercress
- 1/3 cups of coarse salt,1 green onion
- 1/2 cup red pepper powder
- 1 knob ginger, 2 cloves garlic,1tbsp. pinenuts, red pepper threads
- 1/2 cup salted soused shrimp, 1 tbsp. sesame seed and 1tbsp. sugar
- Select plump, firm Korean radish. Cut the radish into cubes 3/4" by 1". Sprinkle with salt and let than stand.
- Cut the green onion and watercress stems into 2" lengths.
- Mix the salted radish cubes with the red pepper powder. Boil the glutinous rice flour with water into a thin paste-gruel and let cool.
- Add the green onion,watercress,garlic,ginger and glutinous rice paste-gruel to the colored radish and mix well. Season with salt.
| Home | Characteristics of Korean food | About "kimchi" | Meat dishes | Meat dishes with vegetable |
| Soups | Salads | Appetizer and dessert | North Korean report | Useful links |