"Hey! I know that guy!"
Here is a list of characters, both real and fictional, that have been seen sporting the Fedora. This, of course, doesn't include the entire population, but it is good to see our hat is still in action!
- Indiana Jones. It is actually rumored that Indy had a specific Fedora made especially for the series. Way to go George Lucas!
- James Bond. Played by either Sean Connery or George Lazenby.
- Dick Tracy.
- 1978 Clark Kent, As seen in the movie Superman.
- Freddy Krueger, The brown, worn out hat was a signature part in his entire ensemble. This is not to say the Fedora is appropriate for mass murder.
- Jack McCoy. District Attorney in the hit series Law and Order.
- Inspector Gadget. Animated detective that sported the hat, along with a brown Trench coat.
- Rick Blaine. Casablanca. There is a good picture in the first page, and Bogart is actually quite good at sporting this hat.
- Dr. Alan Grant. The brown hat that this actor, Sam Neill, wears in both Jurassic Park1 and 3.
- Jake and Elwood Blues, along with Curtis. Played by Dan Akroyd, John Belushi, and Cab Calloway as The Blues Brothers.
- Frank Sinatra. Frankie, and the rest of them in The Rat Pack-Peter Lawford, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Dean Martin - would be seen sporting the Fedora.
- Johnny Depp.
- Michael Jackson
- Sam Raimi. Director of the Spiderman Trilogy.
- The late Rapper The Notorious B.I.G. The Fedora is now more recently used in either rap or rock videos, but it can go either way.
- Matt Drudge, Of the Drudge Report.