Yield: 4 servings
- 10 cups fresh spinach leaves or mixed baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 cups diced skinless roasted or rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium pears, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or blue cheese
- Place the spinach or mixed greens in a large bowl and toss with half of the salad dressing. Divide the spinach evenly over the bottoms of each of 4 serving plates
- Mound a quarter of the chicken in the center of each plate and arrange some of the pear slices around the chicken. Sprinkle each salad with some of the walnuts; cranberries, cherries or raisins; and cheese. Drizzle each salad with some of the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts (per piece)--calories: 328, carbohydrates: 24g, cholesterol: 62mg, fat: 14g, saturated fat: 1.8g, fiber: 3.5g, protein: 27g, sodium: 487mg, calcium: 119mg
Yield: 4 servings
- 10 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Southwestern Vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 cups diced grilled chicken breast or skinless roasted or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted cashews
- Place the salad greens and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of dressing and toss to mix well. Divide the mixture among 4 large plates.
- Top the salad mixture on each plate with a quarter of the chicken, avocado, mangos, onions and cashews, and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)--calories: 393, carbohydrate: 22g, cholesterol: 62mg, fat: 26g, saturated fat: 4g, fiber: 6.7g, protein: 28g, sodium: 366mg, calcium: 112mg[Breakfast] [Dip] [Salad] [Entrees] [Desserts]