For the most nutrition, be sure to use omega-3-enriched eggs in this recipe.
Yield: 12 pieces
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat or light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow or spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped and drained sugar-free sweet pickles
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Ground paprika
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a small bowl, and mash well. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickles and pepper to the egg yolks, and stir to mix well.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the hollowed-out eggs. Sprinkle some of the paprika over the top of each egg. Transfer to a serving platter and servie immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Facts (per piece)--calories: 39, carbohydrates: 1g, cholesterol: 95mg, fat: 2g, saturated fat: 0.5g, fiber: 0g, protein: 3g, sodium: 102mg, calcium: 11mg
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, cover, and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring a couple of times, until the mushrooms are tender. Remove the mushrooms to a small dish, and cover to keep warm.
- Respray the skillet, and return it to the heat. Add the egg substitute and sprinkle the herbs over the top. Reduce the heat to meduium-low and cook without stirring for a couple of minute, or until set around the edges.
- Use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelet, and allow the uncooked egg to flow below the cooked portion. Cook for another minute or two, or until the eggs are almost set.
- Arrange first the mushrooms and then the cheese over half of the omelet. Fold the other half over the filling and cook for another minute or two, or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are completely set.
- Slide the omelet onto the plate, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)--calories: 130, carbohydrate: 3g, cholesterol: 11mg, fat: 3g, saturated fat: 1.5g, fiber: 0.4g, protein: 20g, sodium: 388mg, calcium: 232mg[Breakfast] [Dip] [Salad] [Entrees] [Desserts]