While the principles of healthy eating are simple, the practice is much more difficult when you incorporate individuals' different ideas about foods, eating and taste.
If you follow the Food Guide Pyramid, reaching and maintaining a healthy body weight is attainable.
Quick and Easy Ways to Cut Calories
- Pick leaner cuts of meats.
- Choose frozen yogurt over ice cream.
- Snack on fruits and veggies instead of chips, fries, candy or sweets.
- Integrate fish into your diet.
- Choose skim milk and non-dairy creamers.
- Switch to lower-fat versions of your favorite salad dressings.