Now that we have discussed copyright basics, what does all this mean for:
- Reposting - Taking pictures and/or text from one web site and posting it to another is generally copyright infringement.(Standler)
- Linking- The Web is made up of a series of links that take you from one place to another. There is therefore, an implied permission for people to link sites to other sites when they are posted on the internet.
- What about lists of links
- Just because you can use a list of links to other sites on your page does not mean you can go crazy using great lists of links from other pages. Even though creating links is not an original copyrightable work, the effort and creativity in compiling only relevant links may be. Therefore, copying an entire list of links from a web site to post on another, would fall under copyright infringement.
- What about being linked to a page that you do not want to be associated with?
- The internet is nearly (if not completely) impossible to regulate entirely, therefore you must rely on the laws of the internet ("netiquette") which says that a link should be removed if the author of the linked site objects.(Copyright Website)