~Gossip- A Definition
Dictionary.com(1) offers four definitions for gossip that will be referenced throughout this site:
1. rumor or talk of a personal, sensational or intimate nature
2. a person who habitually spreads intimate or private rumors or facts
3. trivial, chatty talk or writing
~Things to keep in mind:
- The definition for gossip includes both oral communication and written communication.
- The definition refers to gossip as both trivial and intimate.
- Gossip is identified as both rumors and facts.
Combining these definitions, gossip will be used as: