WUFT-FM.org, Central North Florida NPR affiliate
Web editor, January 2013 - Present
Web producer, August 2012 - December 2012
- As an editor, I monitor producer's work and provide story assignments.
- I produce content for the WUFT.org website and translate radio reports into online articles.
UF&Shands, the University of Florida Academic Health Center
Paid communications intern, January 2012 - Present
- I produce health and science-related feature and news articles print publications online.
- I assist with promotion efforts for the colleges within the Academic Health Center
The Independent Florida Alligator
Staff writer, October 2010 – January 2012
- I wrote 4 to 5 stories per week for the daily paper, covering university and city events.
Allied Integrated Marketing
Universal Pictures intern, May 2011 - August 2011
- I helped execute marketing and public relations campaigns for films released by Universal Pictures, including “Bridesmaids,” “The Adjustment Bureau,” and “The Change-Up.”
The North Florida Herald
Reporting intern, January 2011 - May 2011
- I wrote 2-3 articles per week about events in the cities of Alachua, High Springs, Newberry and Fort White and covered city commission meetings in Alachua.
University of Florida – B.S. Journalism
- Expected graduation: May 2014
- Minor: business administration, outside concentration: sociology
- Fluent in Farsi (Persian/Iranian language)
- Skilled in social media platforms: Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Can use Storify, Wordpress, Weebly, Wix
- Skilled in HTML and CSS
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite, InDesign, and Photoshop
Please click here for a complete, PDF version of my resume.
Favorite Quote #2:
"Que Sera, Sera. (Whatever will be, will be)"
- Doris Day