Digital Media, Entrepreneurship, Technology
Click here to download a PDF version of my resume.
Telecommunications- Media and Society Major University of Florida Gainesville, FL
Entrepreneurship, Macroeconomics, Financial Accounting, Microeconomics, Social Media Management, Social Media Ethics, Web Design, TV & American Society, Marketing, Public Relations, Telecommunication, Mass Media
Activities and Societies:
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- The Entrepreneurship Club
Honors and Awards:
University of Florida Technology Entrepreneur Boot Camp Participant
- Attended a 3-day boot camp style conference structured to develop attendee's knowledge of new-venture creation in the technology industry.
- Topics Included: Understanding the Market, Essential Elements of a Business Plan, Value Proposition/Testing Your Concept, Elevator Pitches/Investor Presentations, Corporate Structure, Financing
Florida Boys State Delegate
- Selected by the American Legion Post 157. Attended respected and selective educational program of leadership in Tallahassee. Elected City Clerk. Achieved Certificate of Merit.
Mashable Media Summit 2011 Attendee
- Relevant Conference Topics Included: The Future of Social Media, From Print to Digital, From Tactile to Mobile, Smart TV, The Ultimate User Experience, Real Time Data, The Importance of Being Awesome, The New Model of Content and Commerce, The Future of Social TV, Evolving Role of Social Media in News Organizations, How To Fix Content Curation
My Professional Resume
RegisterPatient | September 2011-Present
Position Title: Digital Media Strategist
Secure, web-based Patient Registration, features automatic insurance verification, state-of-the-art online patient scheduling and referral system, instant email and text message appointment reminders and secure online messaging. The Register Patient system allows you to export patient data into virtually any EMR or PMS in several formats: CCR, HL7 and CSV files.
- Created an entrepreneurship internship program of 15 high-achieving UF students.
- Recruited and hired prospective candidates, Designed internship curriculum and objectives, developing successful, independent entrepreneurs with the ability to pioneer individual start-ups upon their completion of the program.
- Coordinated campaigns alongside the CEO and COO to increase company’s market share and long-term growth.
- Analyzed financial projections for the development of new products features, venture capital raises, and angel investor presentations.
- Planned social networking campaigns to engage users and generate ad revenue.
- Perform marketing analysis catered to allow RegisterPatient to compete in the rapidly changing web commerce environment.
Florida Innovation Hub at UF |January 2012-Present
Position Title: Management Intern
The Florida Innovation Hub at UF will provide its resident companies with office space, laboratories, conference rooms and other resources to improve their likelihood of success. The Innovation Hub enables its tenants to devote their limited initial resources to the advancement of their technology and market strategies rather than traditional business operations.
- Work alongside the general manager of the Florida Innovation Hub at UF to increase operations efficiencies.
Quillt | October 2011-Present
Position Title: Social Marketing Strategist
Quillt is fundamentally changing the way we capture our lives. Our goal is to make every moment of your life a historical event, preserved forever and shared with the people that matter most. Quillt aims to become the world's memory bank, while building stronger relationships through actual social interaction in the process. Simply: Quillt Every Thing.
- Strategized and implemented a social media marketing campaign designed to increase click-through rates to the website of a pre-launch social-media mobile application.
- Used consumer behavior strategies to identify a target market for technology products.
- Implemented "Facebook Guerilla Marketing" tactics to create social buzz about Quillt, prior to its availability to the public.
- Worked alongside a diverse team to quickly integrate a variety of ideas into efficient, working projects designed to reach our sign-up goal target.
- Within 10 days, the marketing team was able to sign up 1,000 members of the determined target market.
The Estate Guides | June 2011-Present
Position Title: Founder, Social Media Manager
During the summer of 2011, I decided that I wanted to create my own website. After doing some web analysis, I came to the conclusion that there was not a social platform for real estate. In an effort to go beyond what was currently available in the marketplace, I came up with The Estate Guides. The goal of the blog is to sell luxury real estate through the use of content. Using social media marketing to draw viewers to the page, I was able to gain more than 20,000 views of the blog and more than 4,000 twitter followers.
- Developed a real estate website aimed at marketing luxury properties through social media. Applied social media marketing techniques to accumulate a target-market audience of 4,000.
- Used Google AdWords to increase search engine optimization and web traffic 300% during the first three months of development. Used Google AdSense for web advertising, and market targeting strategies to consistently increase advertising revenue.
Reginald R. Garcia, P.A.,| August 2011-Present
Position Title: Webmaster
Manage the websites for the Law Offices of Reginald R. Garcia P.A.
- Use wordpress to manage the website of a clemency attorney based out of Tallahassee, Florida.
- Integrate SEO skills to increase google rankings for the website and increase new client referrals from the internet.
University of Florida Disabilities Resource Center | January 2012-Present
Position Title: Social Media Manager
I have recently volunteered to be the social media manager for the UF Disabilties Resource Center. My goal for this project is follow the successful plan of action that the career resource center has had in broadcasting their center's information through social media.
- Manage the social media accounts of the University of Florida's Disability Resource Center.
- Find engaging content to post through social channels that will relate to the center's target audience, students with disabilities.