Below are a few tips for whenever you travel anywhere.
- Make a checklist of all the items you want to pack and bring with you.
- Make sure you pack the appropriate type of clothes for the place you're going to. (For example, a jacket if you're going somewhere that is cold.)
- When shopping for flights, hotels, rental cars, etc., make sure you shop multiple different websites online to find the best deal. Don't always settle for the first thing that you stumble upon.
- Be prepared for anything, especially when going on a road trip. Make sure you have everything necessary in the case of an emergency or if your vehicle breaks down.
Here are a few websites that I suggest you use when booking your travel plans:
- The Weather Channel - Always check the weather of your destination prior to travel.
- BookIt.com - This is a great website for finding deals on hotels. I use it all the time and have found rooms for cheaper here than on any other travel site.
- Southwest Airlines - I've been flying with Southwest Airlines for years now. I joined their Rapid Rewards program a few years ago and I have already earned two free domestic flights since joining. You also get other perks, like periodic "free drink" coupons. These can be redeemed for in-flight alcoholic beverages, which can help take the edge off a little bit, if flying makes you nervous.
- Travelocity - If you prefer to fly with another airline, Travelocity is usually good at finding a good deal for you.