920 NE 5th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601
352 / 379-7976
BS, Journalism - Editing / Outside Focus, Computers
University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
Writing / Editing Experience
Law Firm of Robert S. Griscti, Gainesville, Fla.
May 1997 - September 1998
- Composed, edited and transcribed legal pleadings and correspondence
- Designed and produced exhibits
Intern Editor, Technical Publications Department
Informix Software Inc., Menlo Park, Calif.
June - August 1997
- Edited Informix Technical Publications Style Guide and Site Dictionary
- Edited manuals: Informix Error Messages and Guide to Syntax Query Language
- Tested hypertext links within online manuals and documented errors
Assistant Editor, Technical Publications Department
Aspirian Inc. (formerly Digital Tools Inc.), Cupertino, Calif.
June - July 1996
- Edited Digital Tools Formatting and Style Guide
- Edited manuals: AutoTeam Getting Started and Administration guides
- Windows 2000
- Quark Express
- Adobe Photoshop and FrameMaker
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect
Activities / Associations
- Society for Newspaper Designers, University of Florida student chapter, Spring 2000
Attended an SND Quick-Course, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., February 2000
- Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, University of Florida chapter
Organized a circus protest, January 2000
Designed a promotional poster, Fall 1999
- Operation Catnip Inc., Gainesville, Fla.
Transported and provided post-sterilization care to stray and feral cats, January 199 - present
Symposiums / Workshops
- First Annual Southeastern Vegetarian Action Symposium, Gainesville, Fla., February 2000
- Second Annual Cat Owners and Breeders Symposium, Gainesville, Fla., February 2000
- Humane Society of the United States Expo 1999, Orlando, Fla., February 1999
Attended a day-course in humane education
Professional, academic and personal references are available upon request.