As a Christian, I strongly believe that God is the head of my life. In everything I do, I try to remember Him in my everyday walk.This means that I try to order my steps, my tongue, and my mind in his Word. As long as I can remember, God has been a part of my life.
Since birth, my parents have instilled in me the importance of God in my life and how if I believe in Him, I shall have everlasting life. I've always been active in church: singing in choir, ushering, participating in the food and clothing pantry, and several other actvities. Below is the Church of God in Christ "Statement of Faith." It entails our faith and beliefs and is read every Sunday during services.
Statement of Faith
- Our belief concerning the Bible.
- We believe the Bible to he the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
- Our belief concerning God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.
- Our belief concerning the Church
- We believe in the blessed hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, whieis in Christ, at His return.
- Our belief concerning sin
- We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ and accepting the Gospel according to Roman 10:9-10.
- Our belief concerning Salvation
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- Our belief concerning Christ
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing in prayer.
- Our belief concerning the Holy Ghost
- We believe that the baptism of the holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4. is given to believers who ask for it.
- Our belief concerning Santification
- We belive in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a holy life in this present world.