Local ~ 50 Hall 95-6 #407 ~ Gainesville, FL 32612 ~ Phone (352) 846-4914 ~ E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent ~ 3801 Columbus Way ~ Cooper City, FL 33026 ~ Phone (954)431-4235
O B J E C T I V E
Advertising employment upon graduation in May 1999.
E D U C A T I O N
A D V E R T I S I N G _I N T E R N S H I P S
- Graduating in May 1999 with a Bachelor of Science in Advertising. Presently a senior at the University of Florida carrying a 3.67 GPA.
- Minor in Health Science Education (4.0 GPA) and working on an English minor.
W O R K _H I S T O R Y
- Sun-Sentinel (Greater Fort Lauderdale newspaper) May - Aug. 1998
Metro Advertising Manager: Ray Vico (954)356-4001
Performed a variety of tasks: Account Executive, Sales Representative and Sales Assistant.Handled my own accounts, new accounts and existing accounts.
- Office of Student Activities, University of Florida Aug. - Dec. 1997
Director of Student Activities: Lohse Beeland (352)392-1674
Worked with advertising, marketing and public relations for several organizations within the
University of Florida. Developed advertising campaigns for a fine arts series sponsored by the Office of Student Activities.
V O L U N T E E R _H I S T O R Y
- Computer Consultant, Department of Computer and Information Science and
Engineering, UF Aug. 1997 - Present
Supervisor: Rory De Simone (352)392-9579
Giving computer assistance for Microsoft Office to students at the University of Florida.
- Turfgrass Research Assistant, UF May - Aug. 1997
Performed experiments for a turfgrass professor at the University of Florida.
- Intramural Soccer, UF Jan.- April 1997
Refereed intramural soccer games (seasonal).
- Stephen C. O'Connel Center, UF Aug. - Dec. 1995
Usher and security for sporting events and concerts.
UNIVERSITY_CLUBS_ & _A C T I V I T I E S
- Peer Counselor & Facilitator, UF Counseling Center Jan. - Sept. 1998
Counseling, training new peer counselors, and conducting workshops on career decisions, time management, test anxiety and motivation for UF students.
- Florida Cicerones, National Alumni Association, UF Jan. 1998 - Present
Student representative for incoming students and alumni. Give campus tours, volunteer atUF sporting events and UF sponsored events, and serve as a personal host to potential students.
- Childcare Volunteer, Baby Gator, UF Jan. - April 1998
Supervised and played with children at a daycare/school.
- Alternative Service Break, Site-Leader Jan. - March 1997
Spent a week volunteering at a homeless shelter in Charleston, South Carolina during Spring Break '97. In addition, successfully organized, planned, prepared, and executed an entire week of programs for 11 people.
Further references available upon request
Back to my home.
- American Advertising Federation member (Advertising Society)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Student Leadership Development Board
- Project Sea World Chaperone (supervising underprivileged children)
This magnum opus is the brainchild of Tracy Wise.