Xiaoli Liu's Resume
368 Maguire Village, Apt.7
Gainesville, FL 32603-2011 USA
Master's Degree Program
College of Journalism and Communications
University of Florida
Sep., 1993--July, 1996
Department of English, Peking University
MA in English Literature
During the study, I was awarded Guang Hua Scholarship for excellent
performance in graduate study.
The title of my master's thesis is Macbeth and His Fall
Main Courses studied: Shakespeare, Theory of Western Literary Criticism,
Theory and Methodology of Novel Criticism, Poetry Appreciation and
Translation, American Novels of 19th Century, Bibliography, Theoretical
Stylistics, Comparative Study of Chinese and English Poetry, Poetry of
the Renaissance, Advanced Writing, Modern American and British Poetry,
Computer for Arts' students.
Sep., 1989--July, 1993
Foreign Language Department, Ocean University of Qigndao
BA in English
I was awarded a scholarship for excellence at study, and passed the
Professional College English Test Stage 4 and Stage 8.
Major courses: Intensive reading, Extensive reading, Spoken English,
Listening, Translaiton, English Writing, British and American
Literature, Selected Articles from British and American Newspapers.
Supplementary courses: Modern Chinese, Chinese Modern Literature,
Chinese Classical Literature, Chinese Writing, Japanese.
Teaching children Chinese at Huagen Chinese
School, Gainesville, Florida.
July, 1996-- March, 1997
English teaching, including intensive reading, extensive reading,
listening and writing, in the Department of Foreign Languages at
Northern Jiaotong University, Beijing, P. R. China.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Sep., 1993--July, 1996
- Studied for MA in English Literature in the Department of English at
- Gave English lessons to college students at Peking University. My
lessons are highly praised by the students.
- Attended The Third Conference on Chinese Poetry Translation held at
Peking University and presented my paper titled On Retranslating of
Poems.Later on, it was published in World Literature and Translation
Studies,issue 4, 1994.
- Won a prize in the third Jade Bird Cup Science
Competition of Peking University.
- Translated Chapter Four, Five and Six of The Road Ahead by
The Chinese version was published by Peking University Press in 1996.
It became one of the bestsellers that year.
- Did compiling work for a vocabulary book for CET (College English
Test) stage 4.
- Served as an interpreter for 95 Australian Education Exhibition and
trade negotiations between foreign enterprises and their Chinese
Sep. 1991--July, 1993
Return to home email@example.com
- Studied for BA in the Foreign Language Department at the Ocean
University of Qingdao. I took part in a variety of extra curricular
- Gave English lessons to middle school students at their
- Served as a guide for Qingdao International Travel Agency.
- Was a member of the Universitys Chorus
- Was the director of a play performed for the Youths Day ( May 4th)