- Nurse sharks and Lemon sharks look
very alike. DON'T PET THE LEMON
- Lampshade jellyfish, though very
gross, will not sting you.
- If you step on a sea urchin, DO NOT
REMOVE IT! Go to the nearest island
- Waterspouts, though beautiful, can
- Do not throw your pet hermit crabs in
the ocean. THEY WILL DIE.
- Don't touch anything in the ocean
without gloves, especially coral.
- MOST IMPORTANT RULE: We drive
on the LEFT side of the road.
- When visiting hot springs, bring
- Do not get a tour guide. Drive until you
find a native, make sure he's safe
and pay him to show you around. Natives
know where all the non-touristy places
are and will charge you half the price.
- Be patient with sloppy drivers and slow
customer service. You're on island time
- A beautiful, sunny day can turn into
Thunderdome in less than 20 minutes.
- If you like diamonds, you came to the
right place. The Caribbean has some of
the most beautiful diamonds in the world
at wholesale prices.
- When hiking, bring bugspray. The bugs
in the jungle are like Pterodactyles.
- Like anywhere else in the world, don't
drink tap water, fountain sodas or any
beverages with ice.
Made 25 September 2008
- Contrary to popular belief, Romans love
Americans and will often treat you like
- Blondes beware! Italians are obsessed with
- Close your eyes when traveling in a cab on
the highway. Cab drivers have no problem
doing 160 kph and using the emergency lane
to pass other cars. Don't correct them, just
- Keep your eyes open when traveling in a cab
in the city. Cab drivers are known for
cheating and taking tourists on the "scenic"
route, rather than the faster one.
- Keep your hands on your purses at all times
and mind your pockets even when speaking
to children. Some of them are trained to rip
- Women: Don't get offended if an Italian calls
you "bella." Italian men are culturally more
forward than American men.
- Where dinner in a restaurant in America
lasts roughly an hour, dinner in Italy lasts for
two or more. Enjoy yourself.
by Jessica Chasmar