- University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL -- Aug. 2004 - Present
-- Major: journalism
-- Outside concentration: science
-- Expected date of graduation: May 2008
- The Gainesville Sun -- Aug. 2007 - Present
-- Freelancer - features department. (Jan. 2008 - Present)
-- Metro/City Reportering Intern - campus and city news, features. (Aug. 2007 - Dec. 2007)
- The Upper Keys Reporter -- May 2007 - Aug. 2007
-- Editorial Intern - local events, Islamorada commission meetings, features. Helped with story and copy editing.
- The High Springs Herald -- Jan. 2007 - May 2007
-- Intern Reporter - local events, High Springs commission meetings, features.
- The Independent Florida Alligator -- Nov. 2005 - May 2007
-- Alligator Writer - Student Government beat reporter, campus news. (Jan. 2007 - May 2007)
-- Stringer - campus events and news. (Nov. 2005 - Jan. 2007)
- University of Florida Department of Journalism -- Jan. 2008 - Present
-- Teaching Assistant for Sports Reporting - teaching assistant for a 4000-level journalism elective. Help with syllabus preparation, paperwork, grading and assist students if they have questions.
- University of Florida Department of Housing -- Aug. 2007 - Present
-- Resident Assistant - facilitator and go-to person for 51 girls. Duties include programming, building and enhancing a community, and being cognizant of appropriate protocol.
- United Church of Gainesville -- Jan. 2007 - Present
-- Day Care/Sunday School aide - assist with Sunday School activities with elementary school children, assist with child care during church retreats.
University of Florida Department of Recreational Sports -- Jan. 2005 - Present
-- Intramural Sports Supervisor – assist in the smooth operation of four sports, supervise officials and mediate conflicts should the situation arise. (Jan. 2008 - Present)
-- Intramural Sports Referee - softball umpire and softball/basketball scorekeeper. (Jan. 2005 - April 2007)
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida -- Sept. 2005 - April 2006
-- Volunteer at Children's Medical Services of Shands Hospital - assist patients and siblings while they wait to be seen by a pediatrician by reading and performing educational activities such as puzzles, word games and coloring. (Sept. 2005 - Dec. 2005)
-- Volunteer at Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - candy striper duties; brighten days of ill children with games, coloring and reading. (Jan. 2006 - April 2006)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and knowledgeable in Excel, Photoshop and QuarkXPress.
- Knowledgeable in XHTML, HTML and CSS coding.
- Typing ability about 60 WPM.
- David Goodhue - The Upper Keys Reporter - Editor-in-Chief
Phone: (305)852-3216/E-mail: email@example.com
- Ryan Winget - University of Florida - Residence Life Coordinator
Phone: (352)392-6091/E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ted Spiker - University of Florida - Associate professor in the Department of Journalism
Phone: (352) 392-6990/E-mail: email@example.com