University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Expected graduation date: August 2009
Major in Journalism and Minor in Italian Studies
Freedom High School, Orlando, FL
Graduated with honors in May 2006
Central Dauphin East High School, Harrisburg, PA
Fashion columnnist, The Independent Florida Alligator, Gainesville, FL
Hostess at Vito's Chophouse, 8633 International Dr., Orlando, FL 32837
Duties included greeting and escorting guests, and managing the rotation and floor plan.
Reporter, The Independent Florida Alligator, Gainesville, FL
Covered the arts and entertainment section, called the Avenue. Subjects included comedy, theather, restaurants, book sales and nightlife.
May (2005)-May (2006)
Sales Representative, Hollister, Florida Mall, Orlando, FL 32809
Duties included running the cash register and customer service.
October (2003)-May (2004)
Lifeguard, Wet n' Wild, 6200 International Dr., Orlando, FL 32819
Responsibilities included water rescue, CPR, ride operations and guest safety practices.
- Proficient in computer programs: Word, Word Perfect, xhtml programming, CSS, Basic Photoshop
- Proficiency in AP style and grammar
- Knowledge of Italian and Spanish languages
- President's Honor Roll (4.0 semester) Spring 2007 and Fall 2007
- College of Journalism and Communications Dean's List Summer B 2006 and Fall 2006
- Scholarships include: Florida Bright Futures, AT&T Foundation, Burger King Scholars
- National Honor Roll 2004-2006
- National Honor Society 2005-2006
- Spanish National Honor Society 2004-2006
- High school activities include: newspaper staff, musical production, chorus, president of Spanish Club, president of Spanish National Honor Society, National Honor Society, vice president of mock trial, BETA Club, JV volleyball
- Community service activities include: A Gift for Teaching, Relay for Life, Special Olympics, Maitland Historic Society, volunteer at school library
- College activities include: Alligator writer, Student Alumni Association, Society of Professional Journalists
Adam Bornstein, lecture assistant, 720-641-5525, email@example.com
Dr. Mary Watt, professor, 352-392-2016 ext. 255, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Ackerman, manager at Vito's Chophouse, 863-289-2003, email@example.com