Strong writer, editor, able to meet deadlines, accurate, precise. Highly organized, gained international experience during semester in Italy.
Pursuing M.A.M.C. in Public Relations at the University of Florida
Bachelor of Arts in English, May 2003
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
John Cabot University, Rome, Italy, Spring 2002
Editorial Assistant, John Wiley & Sons Publishing, Indianapolis, Ind. 2004-2005
- Provided editorial support for freelance project editors while ensuring books were delivered to Composition Services on time and ready for production.
- Gave team-enabling administrative support through monitoring of weekly status reports, team meetings, production materials, as well as manuscript pages and art.
- Maintained department financial records, including freelance accrual reports, and updated departmental freelance vendor database.
- Created and processed vendor contracts and invoices.
Editorial Coordinator, Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana, Indianapolis, Ind. 2003-2004
- Edited and wrote majority of articles for Historic Landmarks’ bi-monthly magazine, Indiana Preservationist. Circulation over 12,000.
- Assigned research, articles, and photography to directors of nine regional offices throughout Indiana.
- Utilized Pagemaker and Photoshop to design layout and prepare photos.
Intern, Pinnacle Publishing Company, Atlanta, Ga. Spring 2003
- Assisted Editor-in-Chief directly with editing, fact-checking, future planning and research.
- Wrote articles published in four bridal magazines in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Washington D.C. including travel piece published in Summer 2004 issue.
Network Bookings Intern, CNN, Atlanta, Ga. Fall 2002
- Managed high profile guests of major network shows.
- Assisted producers and bookers with research projects and tape dubs.
- Contributed proposals for future guests.
Public Relations Intern, Atlanta Press Club, Atlanta, Ga. Summer 2002
- Wrote press releases, promotional material, and articles for the club’s newsletter, which circulated to 1,100 journalists and public relations professionals.
- Coordinated special events, including monthly professional programs and activities.
- Collected contact information and created databases of club members, Atlanta media and area businesses.
- Edited and published website content.
Intern, Atlanta Magazine, Atlanta, Ga. Fall 2001
- Worked closely with Deputy Editor planning and researching Best of Atlanta issue.
- Copy-edited and fact-checked articles.
- Researched stories and brainstormed ideas for future issues.
Presented conference paper "A Cut Above or Below: Media's Framing of Extreme Makeover Reality Television" at the Association for Marketing and Heath Care Research (AMHCR), March 1-3, 2006