The Snake's Top 25 Movies
My top 25 Movies of all time:
- Princess Bride -- A classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil king, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing
- Braveheart -- Every man dies not every man truly lives
- Sabrina -- Audrey Hepburn at her finest.
- Shawshank Redemption -- The best adapted Stephen King Movie ever.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's -- Audrey Hepburn made Holly Golightly her own. Every girl should look at the class Audrey had even when playing an "escort"
- The Star Wars Saga -- What like I am going to take up all the spots up on my list for all six movies when they are finsihed?
- Indiana Jones Trilogy -- Yeah I happen to like Harrison Ford and Trilogies. But hell, these movies deserve to be on the list just
for the fact that Indiana's hat never fell off his head unless he fell off a cliff!
- Casablanca -- Come to Ricks but remember that you'll always have Paris.
- American Beauty -- I rule. Yes Lester Burnham did rule. An over the top view of true American life.
- The Goonies -- A tale every one wishes they had gone on as a child, Long live One-eyed Willie.
- Gladiator -- I am a Gladiator or I wish I was.
- Saving Private Ryan -- Best War scenes ever, very realistic, but yet some people still said it wasn't gory enough to be real...but a great movie nontheless.
- E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial -- When Drew Berrymore wasn't a drugie and when we were all kids.
- Army of Darkness -- It got my hand and it went bad! Cheesy dialogue and characters make thsi one and instant classic!!
- Roman Holiday -- The movie that launched millions of Audrey Hepburn fans. Hepburn plays her own herself in the movie -- a princess.
- Schindler's List -- Steven Spielbergs masterpiece and tribute to the survivors of the holocaust.
- City Lights -- Charlie Chaplin at his finest. Chaplin proved in City Lights that silent films could still be made even through the invention of the talkie.
- Good Will Hunting -- Who would have guessed Matt Damon and Ben Affleck actually could act and write? How do you like them apples?
- The Godfather Trilogy -- They made me an offer I couldn't refuse to put the movie on my list
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring -- Might as well classify thsi one as a three-banger trilogy like Star Wars, Indiana Jones and the Godfather.
- Rear Window -- Alfred Hitchcock made suspense movies what they are and this is his finest.
- Seven -- spawned every twisted ending out there.
- The Matrix -- just because it changed the way action movies were made and proved once again Hollywood changes to make money no matter how dumb it makesthe action sequences (Drew Berrymore in Charlie's Angles)
- Citizen Kane -- Orson Wells Shows people how to make a great movie. Not the best story but its in the details and the stroy telling that makes this one a cut above the rest.
- Pretty Woman -- Julia Roberts became America's Sweetheart here and for good reason. Has anyone ever rooted for a hooker so much? (Besides if you've ordered one!)
Honorable Mentions: From Russia with Love, Streetcar named Desire, North by Northwest, Psycho, Beauty and the Beast, Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, Silence of the Lambs, To Kill a Mockingbird and Fight Club.
Back to the Snake Pit