College Crash Course-Food
A great book to check out is College Cusine. Excerpts can be read at Amazon and the book is only $9.95!
- Simple Granola
A great idea for this recipe is to make a huge batch and store it in Ziploc baggies for the rest of the week!
- 3 1/2 cups of quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts
- Combine all ingredients; spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 F for 10 minutes. Serve with milk. Store in a tightly covered container.
- Quick-to-Fix Quesadilla
Keep the makings for this favorite dish on hand, and you'll always have a great dinner at your fingertips.
- Three 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 package of cheddar cheese
- 1 jar of salsa
- One 8-ounce carton of sour cream
- One 4-ounce can of diced green chili peppers
- In a large skillet, stack tortillas with cheese in between, ending with cheese and peppers on top. Cook, covered, over ow heat about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 6 to 8 wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Chicken Picante
Cooking can't get any easier! This dish takes a minimum number of ingredients but delievers maximum flavor.
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup of apricot preserves
- Set oven to broil. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, stir salsa and preserves together in a small saucepan. Cook and stir just utnil heated through and preserves are melted. Spoon over chicken. Makes 4 servings.
If you want to find more fast and convenient recipes try quickneasyrecipes.com. With recipes like Poor Man's Filet Mignon, this site should be bookmarked by all college students.
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
If you don't have salad shells, just eat this hearty bean mixture with tortilla chips.
- One 15-ounce can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- One 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- One 15-ounce can of stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup of shredded American cheese
- 1 bag of prepackaged lettuce
- 4 salad shells
- Chopped tomato
- Stir together the kidney beans, black beans, and undrained stewed tomatoes in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Arrange greens in sald shells. Top with bean mixture and remaining cheese. Top with some chopped tomato and sour cream. Makes 4 servings.
*If you are craving for some more of Mom's recipes try visiting ChefMom . The web site will have you feeling like it is 1986 all over again. Included in this site are all the recipes for comfort foods that only Mom knows. Now you can unlock her secrets!
LAST UPDATED: MARCH 13 2002
CREATOR: SARAH ROGOVER
PLEASE E-MAIL SARAH WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS SITE
© COPYRIGHT 2002