NANCY BENTON PARISH
University of Florida
High Deans List- Spring 2001
Master of Arts in Mass Communication, December 2002. Sports Communication. GPA 3.7
Deans List- Fall 1993, Spring 1994, Fall 1994, Spring 1995
Bachelor of Science, August 1998. Speech Communication. GPA 3.0
March of Dimes
Public Relations Intern, January 2002-Present
- Assist in production and write articles for newsletters and brochures.
Television Broadcast Intern, May 2001-August 2001
- Logging of Magic and Miracle field production tapes and entry into computer logging and inventory system. Maintain video edit suite, videotape library, tape stock, equipment and studio. Interviewed, wrote and edited half-time radio features for playback. Assisted producer in acquisition of footage and information gathering for Orlando Miracle Broadcast game programming, Betacam cuts editing for jumbotron footage, game night logging, and gathering post game sound during press conference, interviewing athletes and side-line report.
Broadcast Producer, University of Florida Softball, April 2001
- Counted in and out of commercial breaks, prepared announcers for up-coming billboards, and called highlights of the University of Florida v. Mississippi State softball game for play back, wrote billboards, developed and compiled game budget.
University of Florida
Assistant Producer & Director, Billy Donovan Show, January 2001-March 2001
- Produced shot sheet, format sheet, and edited highlights and produced packages. Counted in and out of commercial breaks for show.
Editor, Tape Logger, University of Florida Men's Basketball, January 2001
- Logged and edited highlights of the University of Florida v. Tennessee men's basketball game.
Broadcast Coordinator, December 1999-January 2001
- Edit Orlando Magic sound highlights, transferred sound highlights to Instant Replay and play back highlights. Screened call-ins.
Broadcast Coordinator, May 1999-August 1999
- Edited Orlando Miracle sound highlights, transfer sound highlights to carts.
Board Operator, May 2000-June 2000
Public Relations/Sales, November 1999-December 2000
- Produced station press releases. Prepared documents for station sales department web page. Gathered quantitative and qualitative sales research. Designed in-house CD covers, club flyers and magazine advertisements. Coordinated radio events in the community.
Sales Team Assistant, August 1998-Ocotber 1999
- Provided administrative and clerical support to sales team. Prepared and produced sales proposals, and sales pieces. Maintained budget files, compiled and interpreted sales data, maintained sales assignments, gathered quantitative and qualitative research, routed incoming calls and took messages, assisted promotions staff at events, liaison between sales and traffic departments.
Sports Broadcasting Intern, September 1999-Ocotber 1999
- Assisted in logging games, edited sports for aired segments. Researched team information, gathered scores from AP News Wire and Internet.
Sports Broadcasting Intern, February 1998-May 1998
- Assisted in logging games, setting up interviews, queuing up archive sports for packages, editing sports for aired segments.
WIXT-News Channel 9
News Room & Sports Broadcasting Intern, May 1997-August 1997
- Assisted in queuing up news stories, logging games, editing sports for aired segments, wrote rejection letters, assisted with health news mail.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS & VOLUNTEER
Association For Women In Sports Media, Since 1997
Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Mentor, January 2002-Present
Super Bowl XXXV, Guest Service Representative, January 2001
Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Photo Shop, Pagemaker, Illustrator, Print Shop, Corel 5, HTML, Photo Editor, Ulead Photo Express, Max98, Marketron, Maximi$er 99, SalesSCAN, Microsoft Money and Lexis/Nexis
TELEVISION & RADIO EDITING SKILLS
Beta, Digital Beta, Saw Plus, and Wire Ready