Janessa R. McMullian
- To obtain a position as a production assistant, which will apply my background and experience in television production.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Successful with the challenge of live television.
- Produced a music video that was used as a teaching tool.
- Created a documentary that was used as an educational tool at an area middle school.
- High energy; worked 25 to 30 hours per week while attending school full-time.
- Acute awareness of surroundings. Extremely observant of people, details, and effects.
- Gained diverse experience as a kitchen manager for student run organization.
- Motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills quickly.
Master Control Operator, WLUF-TV
Producer Intern, Nickelodeon Studios Florida
- Responsible for the output of programs and breaks in between. Controlled the levels of audio and color for programs that were sent out. Recorded programs that were needed.
Production Crew Member, WUFT-TV
- Worked full time on a childrens' television show, Slimetime Live. Task included: distributing scripts, maintaining show logs, researching script material, writing live show back announces, keeping track of tape inventory, and assisting in edit sessions.
- Gained behind the scene knowledge of our local PBS' shows. Trained for camera operator, as floor manager, and for teleprompter operator. As a part of the production crew, obtained field experience as an assistant producer for the University of Florida's Homecoming Parade.
Bachelors, University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication with an emphasis in Production and an outside concentration in Business Administration.
- Writing for Electronic Media: acquired the aspects of writing news briefs, commercials, and PSA's for radio and TV.
- Advanced Writing for Electronic Media: gained aspects of advanced script writing.
- Fundamentals of Production: learned basic principles of TV studio production.
- Telecommunication Programming: learned audience, economic and placement considerations in scheduling programs for broadcast radio, television, cable television, and other electronic media of mass communication.
- Electronic Field Production: accomplished the aspects of shooting and basic editing.
- Senior Advanced Workshop in Telecommunication Production: learned advanced editing.
- Editing Software: Discreet Edit, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Premiere.
- Microsoft Office Suite: proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Graphics Software: Adobe PhotoShop 6.0 and Adobe Illustrator 9.0.
- Programming languages: HTML.