Broadway was my addiction throughout the summer! I would much rather blow my paycheck on a good musical than designer clothes. There are so many to choose from and great deals if you pay attention. My personal favorites were "Phantom of the Opera," "The Music Man," and "Rent."
Here are some Broadway tips:
- Student Rates are everywhere! Check with the box office of each theater.
- Check Telecharge daily for open seats. I found front row seats to "Phantom of the Opera" the day before the performance.
- Your company may offer special rates to Broadway shows and other events. Check with Human Resources for company benefits.
- Get to the stage door quick! Autographs are always fun!
- Check the TKTS Booth in Times Square on your lunch break for last minute discounts.