Getting the Job: Resumes and Cover Letters|
Once you've researched the agencies at which you want to apply, it's time to send out your resume and cover letter. This is your chance to shine. Take your time and make them perfect. Afterall, you only get one chance to make a first impression.
Here is some advice you can use in preparing your resume and cover letters:
- You can never edit enough. Typos will take your resume off an employer's desk and into the trash.
- Personalize each cover letter. Be sure to address it to the appropriate person, not "Internship Coordinator" or "To Whom it May Concern."
- In your cover letter, sell yourself with a few qualities, but don't go on and on. Let your resume speak for itself.
- Make sure to include correct contact information.
- Take the time to print both out on quality paper. Learn to make Kinko's your friend.
Jobs | Step 1:Research | Step 2:Resumes | Step 3:Interviews