Graduate Work: The University of Florida Gainesville, FL
Master of Arts in Mass Communication anticipated May 2001 Current GPA: 3.9
Undergraduate: The University of the South (Sewanee)
Bachelor of Arts cum laude received May 1998 Major: History Minor: Political Science GPA: 3.48
Semester Abroad:Sustainable Development program, Costa Rica, Spring 1997
Editorial Research Assistant, A Test of Business Growth Through
Analysis of a Technology Incubator Program by Dr. Rhonda Phillips
(UF Department of Urban and Regional Planning)
January 2001 - present
· Prepare a camera-ready manuscript of doctoral dissertation for publication in book format by the Edwin Mellen Press; includes editing front matter, text and back matter.
Writer, NASA Space Science Website.
Spring 2000 - present
· Conduct research and interview scientists on a variety of topics, and provide content for the science.nasa.gov website.
American Rivers Washington D.C.
May 2000 - August 2000
· Responsibilities included writing news releases, organizing press database, and editing summer newsletter
· Wrote an article for the International Journal of Wilderness on behalf of American Rivers
Public Relations Intern,
Barker Campbell Farley & Mansfield Virginia Beach, Virginia
June 1998 - December 1998
· Responsibilities involved writing press releases, organizing and attending press tours, contacting the media, and maintaining clip files and advertising equivalencies
Volunteer, Current Problems, Inc.(Adopt A River).
October 1999 - present.
Newsletter Editor, Current Problems, Inc. (Adopt A River). February 2000 - present.
Writer, Orange and Blue newspaper (now Gator Times). September 1999 - February 2000.
Volunteer, Chesapeake Bay Foundation. Summer, 1997.
Participant, All Saints' Chapel Outreach Ministries - Honduras. Spring Break, 1996.
Youth member, Operation Smile Medical Mission - Philippines. February, 1992.
Intermediate knowledge of Spanish and extensive travel in
Spanish speaking regions.
Conversant on and passionate about various environmental issues.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access; HTML; Photoshop
|Resume||Environmental Links||Breast Cancer||Travel||Random Interests|
Questions? Comments? Email me